Why doesnt Jigle show points that wigle does??

Talk about whatever

10 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hello
I was wondering why Jigle won't show points that Wigle does? When I compare the maps from Wigle and Jigle together the Wigle map seems to be more updated then the Jigle map. How do I get updated points into Jigle. Thanks for your time

Postby lokey240 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:07 pm

I must be asking questions that no one knows the answer to. Hard to believe but interesting.
Last edited by lokey240 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby bobzilla » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:53 pm

Insults aside, there are multiple reasons. Likely your cache isn't consistent, or you have jigle filtering some points away. Make sure you do not have any of the filtering options enabled. Try removing your cache files and redownloading the area in question. If you are reaching the download limit size you may need to connect multiple times to get all the points for the area in question.

If that doesn't work we'll need a lot more information than "it's different" to diagnose the problem you think you're seeing.

Postby lokey240 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:15 am

bobzilla
my apologies
I checked the filter options in jigle and none of them are checked. I deleted the autocache file in the wiglenet/data folder. Are those the cache files you speak of? Also when you say to redownload the area in question do you mean redownload the raster mappack for the area? I went ahead and did it anyways. I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by download limit size. Or how to connect multiple times.
Thanks for your time

Postby bobzilla » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:22 pm

Ah, what I meant was have jigle re-query wigle, which in practice means restart jigle (or I think switching to another mappack, and then switching back, will do it, but I haven't been in that code in a while). JiGLE will then ask wigle for anything after the last point it saw, so if jigle only has a partial set it will get the data that was updated after the last updated time it already has downloaded. If the area doesn't have many points in it, this may not be your issue at all, in which case we'll need more information about what you expect vs. what you are seeing.

Postby mahlerrd » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:06 am

While I'm wary of posting in a thread that started so negatively, here goes.

I have noticed a difference between Digle and Jigle. I've restarted Jigle multiple times, cleared the cache and so on, yet there's a few hundred (that I'm aware of) APs that don't show in Jigle even though they show in both Digle and the web maps.

Try the area from Lat 39.359 to 39.376 and Long -84.496 to -84.474 (http://www.wigle.net/gps/gps/Map/online ... 3876953125)
Since I don't know how to manipulate jigle/digle to get you there, you could find AP SMC at MAC 00:13:f7:12:73:a2.

The web shows about 1/2 of them (CORRECT because the second half I uploaded today!). Digle shows all (CORRECT because I told Digle to download data from Wigle so it got the data I uploaded today)

Jigle, though, shows like 6 APs in the whole area.

That seems very odd, since jigle and digle ought to be getting the same data. :)

I'm not terribly worried about it since Digle works, but it would be nice to know if it's a bug or something you might need to fix.

Postby uhtu » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:13 am

things may definitely be broken, the first place to check would be your logfiles, which will tell you if you're getting errors that are preventing everything from being rendered.

odds are fairly good that depending on what you're doing, you may be getting OutOfMemory errors that need small adjustments to the JiGLE startup script to correct...

(sadly we have no way of telling on our end what is happening on your end.)

the next one would be to check your filters, make sure you don't have your QoS on 7 ;-)

Postby Dutch » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:14 am

the next one would be to check your filters, make sure you don't have your QoS on 7 ;-)
Isn't there an API call to adjust the QoS on the fly ?

/drops kitten and runs fast for cover... :D

Dutch
[url=http://www.wigle.net/gps/gps/StatGroup/listusers?groupid=20041206-00006][img]http://home19.inet.tele.dk/dutch/netstumblerwigle.gif[/img][/url]

Postby mahlerrd » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:16 pm

QoS is at 0. I've set it to 7 and back again during one session as well.

I get a series of errors when I load Jigle, but the really look like they are just because there's no map loaded by default.

Here's the logfile from a session:

Code: Select all

Jul 12, 2006 8:47:13 PM org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE loadPropertiesFile WARNING: Load: Can't find file 'WiGLEAPI.properties' Jul 12, 2006 8:47:14 PM org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE loadVectorMappacks WARNING: error loading 26053 java.lang.NullPointerException at org.mimezine.jigle.SquigleAPI.getAreaForMapTree(SquigleAPI.java:88) at org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE.makeVectorMapPack(JiGLE.java:214) at org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE.loadVectorMappacks(JiGLE.java:597) at org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE.loadProperties(JiGLE.java:571) at org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE.<init>(JiGLE.java:369) at org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE.innermain(JiGLE.java:244) at org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE.access$000(JiGLE.java:71) at org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE$Main.run(JiGLE.java:238) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Jul 12, 2006 8:47:14 PM org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE initWiGLE INFO: JiGLE 0.7.3.20060622182545, Copyright arkasha and bobzilla, 2001-2004 Jul 12, 2006 8:47:14 PM org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE loadPropertiesFile WARNING: Load: Can't find file 'preferences.properties' Jul 12, 2006 8:47:22 PM org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLEPane itemStateChanged INFO: Changing to mappack 'Butler County' Jul 12, 2006 8:47:30 PM org.mimezine.wigle.WiGLEQueryImpl getAutoCacheURLs INFO: Attempting to load WiGLE data locally from WiGLEnet/data... Jul 12, 2006 8:47:30 PM org.mimezine.jigle.WiGLE queryUpdate INFO: Querying WiGLE.net for new points... Jul 12, 2006 8:47:49 PM org.mimezine.jigle.WiGLE queryUpdate INFO: Done querying WiGLE.net for new points... Jul 12, 2006 8:47:49 PM org.mimezine.jigle.WiGLE queryUpdate INFO: Parsing WiGLE.net data... Jul 12, 2006 8:47:53 PM org.mimezine.jigle.WiGLE queryUpdate INFO: Done parsing WiGLE.net data... Jul 12, 2006 8:47:53 PM org.mimezine.wigle.WiGLEQueryImpl writeAutoCache INFO: Writing auto cache file locally... Jul 12, 2006 8:47:56 PM org.mimezine.wigle.WiGLEQueryImpl writeAutoCache INFO: Auto cache complete Jul 12, 2006 8:47:58 PM org.mimezine.jigle.WiGLE handleLoadData INFO: Loaded 9918 stations
You know, in looking at them more closely, I wonder if having a zillion mappacks installed is causing the problem? I quickly generated a script that grabbed all the ones that I was going to be travelling through in a trip from Cincinnati to Northern WI/UP MI. Since I didn't already know which counties that was, I just snagged all from OH, WI, MI, IL and IN.

I really only need to keep a half-dozen from OH and a couple from IN. Let me figure out which mappack numbers are important and I'll move the rest out of the way and try again.

Stay tuned...

Postby mahlerrd » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:37 pm

Nope, with only about 4 or 5 maps, it still acts exactly the same. I've recleared the cache again, too.

I start Jigle, I pick Butler County, it asks me to log in to Wigle, it validates me, then spends a few moments sucking stuff down. As far as I can tell, all seems to work perfectly.

I've noticed one oddity while playing around - if I select "Filter by date" the latest date it lets me pick is May 16, 2006. Obviously, that date isn't from my system time, so it must driven by the latest data in the dataset it has at hand.

That seems to superficially explain the problem, but it does beg the question as to why I'm only getting data from 2 months ago and older?

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”