Pixel update RQ3A.210905.001 breaks GPS

The frontpage news bits

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
GPS no longer updates when the device is locked after upgrading Pixel devices to RQ3A.210905.001. (Android 11 September). Beware, upgrades will render your devices unusable for stumbling. We are researching options.
Of course I came here after I installed the update and ran into the issue. ☹️ I also found that I had to turn off the Wi-Fi scan throttling developer option again after the update. I'm happy to try gathering debug data of that would help.
I downloaded the latest Wigle update and the problem appears to be fixed - thank you!
When I started with WiGLE, I had a similar problem with my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro. Same problem also with the Note 11 Pro. WiGLE stopped working when it was not in the foreground, i.e. on screen. Problem is that Xiaomi has implemented some powersaving measures, one of them being giving background processes none, or little, processing time. I solved that by browing the settings: Privacy_protection->Special_permissions->Battery_optimization->WiGLE_WiFi_Wardriving, and select "Don't optimize" there. This allows the app to stay active in the background. Also check this: long press the 'Wigle WiFi' icon, select 'App info' there, Select 'Batteru saver', and select 'No restrictions' there. Now my WiGLE always runs as it should do.
This will probably be so on most Xiaomi phones, and even most phones running the MIUI user interface.
This is a great note - we've gotten a lot of questions from Xiaomi users, but don't have any test devices to figure this out on. Thanks!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Frontpage”