Reminder: Query Limits and responsible use

The frontpage news bits

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hey, apparently folks need to hear this again: every WiGLE user has a daily query limit associated with their account.
This keeps the service available for everyone without costing $ALL_THE_MONEY. If you deploy code that REALLY doesn't respect your daily limit, we'll disable your account. If you try and register multiple of accounts to circumvent the limit, bad things will also happen.
Also, if you're trying to use WiGLE data for commercial purposes, maybe contact us and help support the project.

hugs, the WiGLE team
That makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately I am trying to learn how to use the platform and couldn't even understand how to try one query before being told my daily limit expired. Is there a way I could practice without costing anyone? I really want to understand this, but I also see how reasonable it would be that queries would be limited.
for a start, don't register multiple accounts - that will get you flagged permanently.
Wouldn't it make sense, for example, to add a button on the phone to the map to generate wifi points on the map and indicate somewhere the number of available commands before the limit expires? It would make things a lot easier, thanks for a reply.
Hey everyone.
About the daily use, completely understand and agree. But as an example I created my account few days ago. Like many other, got the limit before researching anything as I tried to familiarize myself with the site. But today I was laser focused, I opened the site, clicked in basic search and put an address, the map showed the address with the daily limit exceeded message. Not criticizing, really, just trying to understand if this is intended or maybe i`m still doing something wrong, just found it weird that i haven`t actually been able to do a single research. Oh and I haven`t created multiple accounts or anything.
Anyways keep up the good work, i`m working on setting up an old phone to start collaborating aswell.
arkasha wrote:
> Hey, apparently folks need to hear this again: every WiGLE user has a daily
> query limit associated with their account.
> This keeps the service available for everyone without costing
> $ALL_THE_MONEY. If you deploy code that REALLY doesn't respect your daily
> limit, we'll disable your account. If you try and register multiple of
> accounts to circumvent the limit, bad things will also happen.
> Also, if you're trying to use WiGLE data for commercial purposes, maybe
> contact us and help support the project.
>
> hugs, the WiGLE team

Hello, how can I contact you to support the project and remove the limits?

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Frontpage”