NC radio interview for college station

Wardrivers: find others in your area

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby jonh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:11 am

Hey guys, I am senior at University of NC in Greensboro studying media (radio broadcasting) Would anyone be interested in being interviewed for a radio segment? Focus is on HAM popularity and movement to underground, but I'd also like to contrast with wardriving culture. If you are interested at *all* please contact me. Material will be used for small research paper as well as a radio documentary piece to air on college station.

Local NC Hams/Wardrivers/Both would be great and preferred, but I can interview on Skype. A drive along would be cool, too.

Thanks a lot, I hope to learn more about wardriving & Ham. I love all things radio, really.

Anyway, best to ya
Jon

Postby i_do_dew » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:24 am

I thought of replying via PM but changed my mind.

One of the first rules about talking to a reporter is to not talk with one who already knows the agenda they are looking to put out. I put this out there for anyone looking to respond or for people requesting interviews in the future.

This has nothing to do with the underground. It has more to do with curiosity about the world around you. Not a person into criminal behavior. Google took pictures of buildings, wardrivers take pictures of buildings using a different slice of spectrum than light. Wardriving is nothing more than taking pictures of things you can't see with unaided vision. Like Google, if someone doesn't like their picture in the data, they can ask and it will be taken out.

Drive along is easy, GPS's are under $30 you probably have a laptop with wireless. Combine the two, hop on a bicycle and away you go. That's it.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Stumbler Meet and Greet”