War Drivers of Wisconsin....

Wardrivers: find others in your area

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby vinater » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:42 pm

Where the Hell is everybody...

I'm just curious if there are any stumblers in the Dairy State.... There's got to be. Right?

Well I live about 30min. N of madison and was wondering if there were fellow stumblers in the area.

VIN...

Postby krazy1 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:25 pm

South Side of Milwaukee Here.... Been Stumbling for about 2 years now but just recently started to use GPS.

Postby darkpeng22 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:50 pm

about 30mi south of madison (Milton)
been wardriving for about 2 years.

Postby steve54301 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:27 pm

I'm from Green Bay.

I've been into wireless since about 1999. My group was mentioned in a couple books by Rob Flickenger.

Here is some info for anyone from my area:

http://www.wbay.com/global/story.asp?s=6775301

"Free wireless Internet service is now up and running in a section of downtown Green Bay. The service is only available along the Fox River. On the east side it's accessible from the Mason Street bridge to the Holiday Inn marina. On the west side it's accessible from Walnut Street to Leicht Park, immediately north of the Main Street bridge.

The Wi-Fi service is part of a partnership between the city and Cellcom which started last fall.

The service benefits many city workers in the downtown area. Police, inspectors, and assessors can send information back to the office and move on to their next assignment without having to return to their desk."

SSID: Green BayWifi About 1 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up.

----------------
http://www.greenbaynet.com/broadwaywifi

The broadway wifi coverage is much better. You don't need to on your yatch in the Fox River to use it.

"The wireless network spans the Broadway District from Titletown Brewing Company down to The "World Famous" Sardine Can"

SSID "Free WiFi On Broadway" About 256 kbps down and 100 k up.

Postby GearHead06 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:08 am

Hello everyone im a Newbie from Kenosha just getting into the sport. also looking if anyone can point me in the direction of any ap/ ssid maps of southeast wisconsin to use as a guide in learning if im spotting ap's correctly. Thanks, Jason
Last edited by GearHead06 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby whitedice » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:19 pm

Hello everyone im a Newbie from Kenosha just getting into the sport. also looking if anyone can point me in the direction of any ap/ ssid maps of southeast wisconsin to use as a guide in learning if im spotting ap's correctly. Thanks. Always available for questions/comments at <<email address removed>>. Thanks, Jason
Just use the "Web Maps" link at the top of the page, and zoom into your area. Probably should edit out your email address, unless you want more spam.

Postby darkpeng22 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:24 am

*bump*

I was just doing some driving in Madison and saw a guy with what appeared to be a ~7-8dBi omni on a mag mount on his car. There is also a fair bit of recent activity in the Madison area excluding myself. He drove right past me at the intersection across from a Walgreens on E Washington.
Anyone know who this is?

Postby tay25 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 pm

im in the Stevens point / plover area anyone else here from my area?

Postby RJ McKenzi » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:38 am

I was originally from the Appleton area but now I'm living in Korea. I will be back in Wisconsin in a few years.

Postby michael788 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:08 am

I am a newbie and I have just join today. I cannot see any of your comments from last couple of months. Don't have any idea about why you are not posting. Your every posted comments seems to be interesting and beneficial. My suggestion is that you should always be here with new topics and new suggestions. You have suggested a simple way to teacher how to explain MyAcess to students. It's really appreciable. Keep it up. Cheers.
learn-a-language http://learn-a-language.me
Certkiller 642-165 642-165
Certkiller 000-105 000-105
Certkiller 640-864 640-864
Certkiller JN0-101 JN0-101

Postby Fcsllc » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:32 am

Appleton here. Been doing this on foot and bike for three years. I cover areas already covered by someone else and still get thousands of points. That is because on bike I travel slower and can get to places a car cannot go. Sometimes I go on foot like around apartment buildings or places I cannot bike.

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Stumbler Meet and Greet”