aerial script broken?

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Mirlyn » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:01 am

I can't seem to successfully get the maps using the aerial map grabber script. In fact, terraservice.net seems to be down. Am I missing something? Is there a way to have it look at another site for maps?

Postby bobzilla » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:38 am

I was able to get this to work a while back. Mentat21 could pry help out more than myself. The script is currently specifically made for hitting terraserver, so I doubt it could be easily switched to another source.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby Mirlyn » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:42 am

There seems to be another site, http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com which I would like to try. I replaced the url in the pl script and got the same error. Perhaps MS/Terraserver have blocked such non-web requests? Are there other front-ends to the terraserver system which I could try?

Postby Mirlyn » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:44 am

By the way, I emailed the email address commented in the script and have not had a reply for several weeks now. :) Know of another way to contact him?

Postby mentat » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:30 pm

Yeah, I forgot the password to that account. =) Try mentat at hush dot com. I haven't had a chance to look at this yet, but I dropped by terraservice.net and it looked like it was still up. I don't think Microsoft took it down because it was one of their demo .NET web services. (Which would be the right way to download the maps, but I wasn't up to setting up SOAP in Perl...) I'll try to take a look next week at what the error is.

Postby mentat » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:56 pm

Look for gettile.ashx and change it to tile.ashx. My montage is acting strangely so I'm not sure if this fixes everything, but at least there are tiles again.

Postby DaClyde » Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:32 am

Is there anything special that need be done to get the script to work? or is it somethin server related? Here's what I get:

Getting tiles:
Generating Maps: montage: Unrecognized option (-1.830.jpg)
.convert: Unable to open file(aerial-2.png) [No such file or directory].
.convert: Unable to open file(aerial-2.png) [No such file or directory].
Calculating Coordinates: ...Illegal division by zero at Coordinate.pm line 2136.

Am I doing something wrong?

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:46 pm

I think I might of found the problem with the script, in the get_tiles function, it has this:

Code: Select all

for ($j = $start_j; $j > ($end_j - 1); $j--) { for ($i = $start_i; $i < ($end_i + 1); $i++) {
but since start_i is greater than end_i, it should be this:

Code: Select all

for ($j = $start_j; $j > ($end_j - 1); $j--) { for ($i = $start_i; $i > ($end_i - 1); $i--) {
I changed that and now it is busy dling all the files where before it didn't download anything.

Postby mentat » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:05 pm

Is that error in the most recent version of the script, 3.1? I've used it extensively and haven't see this issue.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”