three five with many zeros

The frontpage news bits

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby uhtu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:26 am

neverUmind tipped the scales on 35 million networks, with the increasingly pervasive wiglewifi stumbling client. standing on the shoulders of giants, complimenting a massive effort on the part of all you wiglefolk! keep on stumblin', we'll keep the kittens busy on the maps.

Postby neverUmind » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:11 am

Just 5 short months ago I tripped the 26 million mark. The Wigle app for Android devices has really seen a renewed interest in wardriving as evidenced by the staggering numbers being posted every month.

I must give credit for this milestone to the band Supertramp who coined the lyrics, "Take the long way home." :)

By the way, when I hit my upload button I saw that the 35 million mark was just 50 wifi's shy, so if whoever uploaded just before me had only taken one more turn on the way home, they would have hit the mark instead of me.

Postby pejacoby » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Who hit the 34MM mark? I'm always curious to see the time compression between the million point marks, really incredible. I bet consolidated.db uploads help quite a bit too!

Postby bobzilla » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Looks like 'thwiggle' on april 16th.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby pejacoby » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:52 pm

No love for the Million-Marks anymore? Nary a peep since crossing 36, 37, 38, or today, 39. Sure, crossing a MM is as regular as Shuttle launches and video-game company hacks, but where's teh love?

Someone needs to sharpen the poking stick and get those stats-hamsters running in the wheel again!

Postby uhtu » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:44 am

ow ow ow!
the fingers are willing, but the kittens are so very very tired.

thank you, sir. may i have another?

Postby Dutch » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:47 pm

[quote="uhtu"]
thank you, sir. may i have another?[/quote]
No. You are on a diet. Deal with it.

Dutch

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Frontpage”