question on if the parsing engine would make a connection.

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Some background. I use the GPS primarily for road routing and I use a program to digitally split the GPS data stream into netstumber for its logging needs.

So here it is, I was looking back though my logs and saw one NS1 file with about 800 AP's that due to a glitch at the time didn't have GPS coordinates when I uploaded it. It was because that spitter program had an error and crashed without my noticing. I still have my routing GPS trace of the route I followed. If I convert the GPS route file which is going to be a bunch of points and a time and upload it now, will the Parsing Engine match it with the file I added previously that were essentially MAC addresses and times with no GPS points?

I'm guessing that this is how the GPS file works in Kismet, but I don't know if the parsing engine would make the same connection for a NS1 generated log file.

I realize that if I upload the GPS file it would say no points, but the 50K difference between points found and points with GPS would hopefully decrease in my stats. My only concern is that my GPS data is not used to associate APs that might be of the same time frame but captured someplace else also without GPS coordinates. Bad data in the DB vs no data in the DB.
WiGLE....
Have you driven today?
Nope, you need to tie the bssid (mac) with the gps location in whatever file is uploaded.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit
Ok thanks, looks like I know what this winter's programming project is. When weather is ugly, merging those data files will look like a good use of time. some of those GPS traces have 15000 points at 1 second intervals.
WiGLE....
Have you driven today?

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”