User-Specific Map

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby rjdchaim » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:54 am

It would be nice to have a way to see a map showing all of your stumbles only, to assist in determining future routes.

Postby dattaway » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:19 am

I've been wanting this on my android to keep from from going around in circles.

Postby uhtu » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:26 pm

on the web maps, click [x] first discovered by me. i use this all the time for planning my rides.

Postby goldfndr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:05 am

First Discovered By Me assumes that, for each path one takes, one discovers new networks. I'd like to also see (in another color) observed networks, in case one's predecessors were thorough.

Postby rjdchaim » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 pm

I agree. The First Discovered is okay, but a selection for Observed would be the way to go. This would ensure you're able to identify new areas to cover, which you haven't been before.

Postby uhtu » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:02 pm

we'll put it on the "to consider" list.
it isn't as straightforward as it sounds, in this case.

Postby i_do_dew » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:16 pm

While not optimal, I've found if I use JiGLE, I can get a close approximation of what you are looking for. Select only found by you, then enable a date filter that covers a recent arbitrary date range, I try for a view that has a road I knew when I last drove it. When it appears/disappears, I've reached the right time. Then I toggle only by me and only by others and see what else appears on the map showing what has been driven since that date, besides by me. It would be darn difficult to do that if you are limited to the webmaps.

Also you need to be realistic, unless you work as a city plow/street sweeper you are not going to be revisiting roads except in the densest of areas or your common travel routes more than every few years. Bang for Buck your best bet is driving a road that is older than 5 years only if it has a heavy concentration of AP's, and then only if you can't drive an area that doesn't have any AP's on the map. Scanning an area with a heavy concentration of transient population which moves every year is an option, though more than likely you will be moving points around rather than finding as many new points.
WiGLE....
Have you driven today?

Postby i_do_dew » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:40 pm

I just realized that I was not paying attention when the JiGLE Application Update occured. So my above comments apply to 0.7.7 I have not yet tried it with 8.0.
WiGLE....
Have you driven today?

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”