iOS App for Wardriving

The gear needed for wardriving

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Red Dragon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:01 am

I'm looking for an app for iPhone that I can use for war driving. I looked around at some but couldn't get them on the app store. At the least I'm looking for an app that will tell me like what channel the WiFi network is on and the security type.

Postby uhtu » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:43 pm

apple beat out the entire class of applications with a banhammer years and years ago.
a little kitten told me there might be at least one coming back due to extraordinary cleverness on the part of their developers.

Postby malhal » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:24 pm

I was the creator of WiFiFoFum and I just got a new wardriving iOS app accepted into Apple's TestFlight. I can accept 1000 testers so please message me if you would like to try it out.

Postby bobzilla » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:43 am

Nice, good luck breaking that appstore barrier.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby fishb0ne » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:32 pm

malhal, what's the news on the iOS front?

Postby santorres » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:13 am

I was the creator of WiFiFoFum and I just got a new wardriving iOS app accepted into Apple's TestFlight. I can accept 1000 testers so please message me if you would like to try it out.
Morning Malhal, im very interested in testing. Could you please provide some contact details so i can reach out to you directly? thanks.

Postby pejacoby » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:12 am

I was testing the new app, which was quite an ingenious setup, leveraging an existing Apple utility. Unfortunately Apple pretty much put a nail in it's coffin due to some implementation details.

Postby bobzilla » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:49 pm

Sorry to hear that :x Only iPhone I ever had was the 3g, then they started this app store dictatorship. Wouldn't consider one until they start letting people just write software for it.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby FourPigs » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:22 pm

Hello

Any progress?

Postby pejacoby » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:28 pm

Apple never opened up the APIs necessary to build a war driving app for iOS after squashing attempts to keep WiFiFoFum alive via fun hacks.

Kismet worked/works on MacBooks with the right USB adapter, I haven't messed around with that for a long time...

Postby arkasha » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:41 pm

we continue to push, but the API isn't supported and we can't list on the app store. If anyone manages to get anything through apple. don't hesitate to let us know!

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”