Often new uploads

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Citro1 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:26 am

From time to time do I upload always known WiFi new, why is that ?

Postby arkasha » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi Citro1,

Thanks for contacting us; can you tell us a little more about the issue? I assume this is via WiGLE WiFi wardriving - but are you saying that you're receiving "new" credit for APs you've previously uploaded? We always accept new observations for existing points, since those help us improve our location estimates.

Cheers,

Postby Citro1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi,

There are previously scanned wifis, which also have been registered, but from time to time, it no longer recognizes the Wigle app and they appear as new. New points for the ranking list will be awarded, although they would have to be already known.
Sorry, my English is bad

Postby arkasha » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:43 am

This is an interesting phenomenon - have you confirmed that both BSSID and SSID match in these instances? Do you have some example points?

Postby Citro1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Whole villages can I scan new, Has that to do, that it must be newly scanned around the turn of the year?
Last year, it was the same
On the map while there's the slider for the year, but the WigleApp always wants to have found new, but is old

Postby arkasha » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Very interesting. Can you provide some SSID/BSSID sets that give an example of this, or the upload Transaction IDs of the duplicates?

Cheers, and thanks,

Postby Citro1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Oh, that are plentiful. I thought maybe that must be scanned every year new?

I just know I had scanned smaller cities and now it starts again from the beginning

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”