UK wardrivers

Wardrivers: find others in your area

21 posts • Page 1 of 2

Postby GutmaNn » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:24 pm

heya anybody here in the uk? get in contact.

Postby ee31tt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:00 pm

I am in Torbay at the moment and have used Kismet and Wardrive Android to cover a bunch of locations around the bay as well as some trips to Exeter and Plymouth and the odd trip across the country to my fokes place :)

There is also a South West of England war drivers topic and based on the map there must be plenty of people who dont use the forums who none the less still wardrive around the UK.

I am curious to find out what the commercial use of Wi-Fi location being employed by Google (in the Android Google Maps My Location) and Skyhook will do to this hobby. At a guess they are both just going to plug into the open databases and use them as a reference for their own systems.

Hope you are all doing well, if I can be a help then drop me a line.

Postby venture37 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Hiya
I just joined on Friday night, I'm based in brighton.

Postby boggyj » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi

I'm in Cambridge and currently use Vistumbler running on a Dell laptop on the passenger seat. I first stumbled and uploaded to Wigle as far back as 2003, but after a long break I've started again.

Boggy J

Postby MetatronBN » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:47 pm

I'm from the UK, I live just outside of Worthing. I just joined a few days ago as some of the guys from Brighton 2600 started war walking/driving again. I'm a little competitive, so I should be adding a lot of new AP's.

I've not really done any war driving in the last 8 or so years, it was part of my life in the 90's but as internet access became cheap and everywhere, I kind of stopped.

Postby kevan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I am have just started again after a break of about a year or so. I am in Cambridge, and generally wardrive while ferrying the kids to their activities, plus a little warwalking at lunch time.

Postby KRG74 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:11 pm

just wanted to say hi i am from east London known of Wardriving for years but only just got a way of doing it productively

Postby Anon1985 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:14 am

West midlands, coventry here, whats happening people? The ukwardrivers group is 14th on the list, Bump it up!

Postby androidman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi folks, Glasgow here... just stumbled on the whole thing to be honest, been slowly learning what its all about but found myself checking whats coming up on my phone whenever im somewhere new in the city... seem to be catching quite a few ''new'' access points so not sure how many more folks in Glasgow.... I have begun to notice just how many people actually dont bother/realise about encryption!.

Any tips or more info on the whole thing appreciated. :-)

Postby MagicSata » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 am

Im in livingston which is about 30 miles from glasgow.

I have mapped over 1000 so far but it seems that wigles system does not like my kml files.

Postby henryplumb » Thu May 12, 2011 6:11 am

Hi. I'm in the UK too, hopefully when I get a GPS that I can use with KisMAC on my MacBook I will start adding access points to the map! :D
MacBook (2.13GHz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD)
KisMAC 0.2.99
Alfa AWUS036H
Bluetooth GPS

Postby mparker37 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:37 am

Hi everyone, I'm in Chorley / Preston, managed to cover off most streets in the area over the last 3 years :wink:

Postby xscode » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Hey mparker37,

I'm in Leyland, been wardriving / aircracking for a few years.

Postby swr04 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:30 am

Hi. I'm also in Livingston, Scotland. Added about 20,000 new locations so far using my iPhone.

Postby khoff » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Howdy all.

I'm in South London. I'm running WiGLEWiFi on my Android phone as I wander around doing my daily stuff (and sometime just jumping on buses/trains to get more hits). I've discovered 20,000+ WiFi hotspots so far... am aiming to eventually get most of South London and various touristy bits of central London mapped.

21 posts • Page 1 of 2

Return to “Stumbler Meet and Greet”