Wigle Wifi Wardriving for Android ver. 1.53 (Sep 16, 2012)

The gear needed for wardriving

41 posts • Page 3 of 3
Not a bad idea, api's are all the rage. Reminder that wigle-wifi-wardriving is open-source if anyone would like to take a stab at it.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit
Not a bad idea, api's are all the rage. Reminder that wigle-wifi-wardriving is open-source if anyone would like to take a stab at it.
I didn't know that. I may try to take a look, but my Java knowledge is very very rusty.
Hi guys! I use the latest version from Google play, on galaxy s3 LTE.
-the labels just won't show up on the map whatever the settings or zoom
-I think the strongest zoom is still not enough, I see the circles too cluttered too on each other
-i don't understand why can't I browse the online database.

Plz help at least in the first two :-P

Thanks ;-)
Okay, just a screenshot for the above.
Screenshot_2013-09-05-01-31-45.png
Screenshot_2013-09-05-01-31-45.png (207.46 KiB) Viewed 49610 times
Bug in wigle-wifi-wardriving-master
It seems sometimes GPS returns wrong position. Such cases have accuracy==0.00, so these data must not be used for analysis.
Now I see sometimes networks table of SQLite database has wrong coordinates in bestlat and bestlon fields, like few blocks away, just because accuracy of one measurement was the best (i.e. the less) but actually it was 0. Couldsomebody fix the program?
Also what about location table data when time==0? Why it happens?
Hello,

i have 2 questions for the app.

1 i have tried many evenings to make my database visible in an app

i searched for digle and couldnt find it, i tried jigle and get error for certificate or something, tried al sorts of GIS (arcgis, qgis, mapwindow gis)
also tried google earth pro (Which was the only one that made my points visible) but that was too slow)
all attempts to convert or use the kml database export failed with errors.

so now iam using the csv export and finely get a map with my points by using fusion tables from google.

but now i see that the csv output has double triple or even more the same bssid's so what now?

also the csv output has information of the phone in the first line which makes it hard to convert it easy.

so my question is how can i get a csv output with no double bssid's (best rssi or triangled, i prefer best rssi because i think trianglation is not very accurate).

2 i have only open wifi in list of the app, i know i did something with filtering but i cant find the option anymore.

Thanks in advance
1) The csv/kml outputs are all the observations seen. If you want to filter for best signal you'd have to process the files to only grab one per network. You could also grab the 'network' table from the sqlite database on the device on the physical or virtual sdcard in the wiglewifi/wiglewifi.sqlite file. That keeps an updated single record per network based on signal. DiGLE was build on an ancient windows framework that no longer runs, and JiGLE needs to be updated to handle the new SSL certificate as you ran into.

2) Tap the magnifying glass on the list view, you can see the filters there, can check the attributes you want or disable filtering entirely.
Ok thanks, i will try that. Is it possible to put that in an update (android app). So we can choose only one network with best signal (kml/csv output)?
We could probably make it a choice to dump all the observations or just the network summary table.
Minor inconsistency, on the User Rankings page on the app the Ranking number apears to be 1 less than on the User Stats page?
The benevolent bobzilla has released version 2.82 of Wigle Wifi Wardriving for Android.

Changelog entry:
* 2.81 - 2.82 (11/28/2023)
Bluetooth is now in text-to-speech
Roaming Consortium ID's added to local DB and file upload (thanks MarkG!)
Added GNSS full tracking option (impacts battery, use with power source)
Upload file at 1.6 version with UTF-8 support
Distance now shown on list view
Refactor DB search fragments
Silence notification sounds
Various bug fixes

Thanks for your past and continuing hard work. I often think about all the old android phones that would be e-waste if they weren't part of someone's wardriving setup, so I really appreciate the compatibility with older models which are naturally easier to find in electronic graveyards and dormant collections.

41 posts • Page 3 of 3

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”