Waiting for GPS sync

Found a problem? Tell us about it! Topics-per-issue, please search before posting.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby ecramp » Fri May 12, 2023 4:54 pm

I just updated all the apps on my Nexus 6 phone running Android 7.1.1 and WiGLE WiFi says that it's "Waiting for GPS sync..." and then after a few minutes is shows the LAT and Lon data fro about one second and then returns to "Waiting for GPS sync"
But when I look at WiGLE - Map I can see my location ... and going to Google Maps it's clear that the GPS is functional, so basically the GPS is working but there's bug somewhere.

Postby arkasha » Fri May 12, 2023 6:47 pm

Please include the WiGLE app version and how you installed it... also, is this stock 7.1.1 or a 3rd party distribution?

Postby ecramp » Mon May 15, 2023 2:59 pm

Please include the WiGLE app version and how you installed it... also, is this stock 7.1.1 or a 3rd party distribution?
The WiGLE app is 2.74, the original installation was years ago (it's an old but very nice device but I don't use it as a phone now) and the update was just the standard Google Play Store update. My suspicion is that this is just an internal result of Google's Android update because the Google maps GPS appears to be functional. I'm not complaining about this, just letting you know what I'm seeing on this old device.

Postby arkasha » Mon May 15, 2023 3:35 pm

Can't replicate with my 7.x devices, but will continue to investigate. I've certainly seen GPS software get into a weird state - have you... tried turning it off then on again?

Postby ecramp » Mon May 15, 2023 6:04 pm

Can't replicate with my 7.x devices, but will continue to investigate. I've certainly seen GPS software get into a weird state - have you... tried turning it off then on again?
I think this is a Google issue, I just fired up an old Nexus phone running the WiGLE 2.64 version and was showing a similar problem, continually "Waiting for GPS sync..." initially but now it seems to be working. I've also just done an Android Reset on the original phone, erasing everything and then setting up the same original account and now my standard WiGLE phone is GPS functional too, essentially a complete new installation of everything updated OK now.
Thanks for your questions, it's all OK now. :D

Postby ecramp » Tue May 16, 2023 1:25 pm

Everything is working with the old Nexus devices now that they have both had a complete delete and WiGLE re-installation :D

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Bugs”