New Jersey WarDrivers

Wardrivers: find others in your area

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby DGStinner » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:17 am

I'm in central Jersey (Somerset County) area.

Postby buzzaw » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:48 am

South jersey here!

Postby k2mfw » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:50 pm

Cumberland, Salem, Gloucester, Atlantic and Cape May counties
So you're the other person.... ;)

Same counties here :)

Postby k2mfw » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Haven't done anything for a while. I'll fire up the gear and do another survey in September. I concentrate on Cumberland County, and portions of Atlantic, but have been known to cruise thru other areas with the equipment. Keep in touch GeekGirl!

Postby GeekGirl » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:29 am

Haven't done anything for a while. I'll fire up the gear and do another survey in September. I concentrate on Cumberland County, and portions of Atlantic, but have been known to cruise thru other areas with the equipment. Keep in touch GeekGirl!
I just switched my rig from netstumbler to kismet, and got about 200 NEW access points on previously covered ground :) I'm currently looking to convert my old P3 700mhz lappie into a dedicated kismet rig, as I'm not happy with GPSDrive, and my SO loves watching the AP's pop up in MS MapPoint :)

-HUGGS-
GeekGirl

(maps of previous wardrives: http;//wd.cyberbrats.org )
Fancy starting a SJ group? :)

Postby k2mfw » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:08 pm

Yes, GeekGirl...I nominate you as the group leader for the "SJ Division".

The only thing I used was my laptop with its internal card, NetStumbler, and a GPS receiver.

I'm not familiar with what you're referring to for the new stuff and haven't played with anything else.

I'm a newbie to all of this...

Maybe we could start talking about your suggested setups, techniques etc.

Have our first meeting over a cup of coffee...

Matt matt@K2MFW.com

Postby dracoling » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:35 pm

Posting from work in Brooklyn, stumbling primarily burlington/mercer counties (bordentown/hamilton area) but also stumbling my way to work each day.

Running an acer laptop with an astounding builtin card, NetStumbler and an Earthmate LT-20 I got on discount because CompUSA is closing down (*sniff*).

Any recommendations on mapping software other than DiGLE? It doesn't seem to want to work right with the stumbler.

Postby argh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:21 pm

geekgirl, GPSdrive can display live AP's from Kismet if you get the SQL stuff set up. it has the additional benefit of displaying secure/insecure icons as well. it can get a little busy, especially if displaying the labels but it's fun for SO's to watch (mine enjoys it as well).

Postby nrd » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:50 pm

So you're the other person.... ;)

Same counties here :)
I've also driven most of the Atlantic County area, as well as New Brunswick (where I'm living now)

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Stumbler Meet and Greet”