wigle info on a map

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby toothpaste » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm new here, so please be patient. :D

I am using this application on my android phone. I have since uploaded a few files with about 500 wifi's that my phone has found. How can I look at what I have found on a map? Is there a way for me to export the db from my phone into google maps for example to see the networks I have found?

I guess this must be really an easy task to accomplish, but I'm completely lost. :?

Any and all help would be great!

Thanks!

Postby bobzilla » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 pm

You can view on our webmaps, just select "First Discovered By Me"

http://wigle.net/gps/gps/Map/onlinemap2/
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby toothpaste » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:42 pm

I did as you suggested. I'm still at the chicago default location on the map. Even when I input the state and zipcode I get nothing.

Postby bobzilla » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:55 pm

You have to click the "Update" button after entering state/zip/filter criteria to have the map update.

Postby toothpaste » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:50 am

city-wallington
state-nj-
zip code-07057

start date-2011
checked-first discovered by me

Update button pressed. nada. without the city of wallington the map points me to columbus, new jersey. maybe I put in the wrong zipcode. so i took it out, now it points on the map to the actual town, but nothing appears on the map. what do i do now?

Postby bobzilla » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:12 pm

That is interesting, for some reason that zipcode isn't in the lookup table, we'll have to investigate that.

As far as nothing on the map, if the 'wigle.net' logo has shown up, our mapserver's tiles have rendered, and there's nothing there. This looks like a problem with the mapserver, will fix.

Postby bobzilla » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Both issues fixed, thanks for bringing to our attention.

Postby toothpaste » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 pm

It works, thanks.

One more thing. I have discovered well over 51 cell towers according to your android app on my phone, however when I upload the file the stats do not reflect this.

Postby bobzilla » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:21 am

The stats page shows 51 cell towers for you:
http://wigle.net/gps/gps/main/stats/?pa ... discovered

Or are you requesting a column be added to the uploads page?
http://wigle.net/gps/gps/main/mytrans/

Postby toothpaste » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:38 am

Sorry, let me clarify. I did check my stats page and saw only 51, however on my android phone your wigle wifi show on the dashboard that I have 147 I believe it was when I uploaded one on my recent files. What I was unsure of is, do the cell towers being discovered by me reflect that my phone just now found them but once I upload the file your database see that many of the cell towers have already been discovered by someone else?

Is it a glitch in the android app or do I just not understand this :?

Don't mean to be a pain in the a.., I like this app and the idea of this site. It's really cool and I'm happy I found it.

Postby bobzilla » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:46 am

The numbers could diverge, if you were not the first to discover a certain cell tower or wifi network, you'll show that you found 147 on the device but only 51 were new to WiGLE. On the wifi side of things we keep track of "observed wifi", the total count you've seen regardless of whether you were first to submit it to WiGLE, we'll probably implement something similar on the cell tower side.

Postby toothpaste » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:37 am

Thanks for clearing that up.

Time to upload some more......

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”