See encryption type & SSID Data

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby daemon0x90 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:29 pm

I've just started to upload data from several of my war drives but, when I look at the data, I can not see any of the relevant data attached to netxml data. Why can't we see if it's WPA, WEP, etc? Or the basic encryption scheme? Can I do this with the API?

Postby arkasha » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 am

Thanks for uploading!

There are a lot of different ways to see the data through the site:

1.) on the general map:
you can scroll around a big graphical world with all the data and do some filtering. The individual points here don't have a ton of detail, because this is literally all the data and it has to stay fast.

2.) via the basic and advanced search pages: and
these let you select individual points or classes of points found by you and others, have a lot more data.

3.) a detail query by unique address
click the "Network Detail" tab on the (advanced search) page above, or click through from a network in the search results.

4.) on your uploads page there's a link for each transaction ID (column 1)
you can also download a KML representation of any individual upload for use in Google Earth and other visualization packages

5.) yes, the API is great for this!
check out for details!

one of the things we're working on right now is rewriting our map generation system to add more of the search power to the visualization engine - but since drawing pictures may require us to manage a large quantity of data as quickly as possible, there are some challenges to overcome!

Thanks for your interest!

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”