Errors in the Database..

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Medic » Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:32 am

I uploaded some erronious data to the database by accident. The East and West on the Longitude were reversed, so there are some access points being listed somewhere out in the ocean...

Is there a way to update the information, or remove them from the database?

If you want, delete all entries from me (Medic), and I'll reupload them.

I couldn't find a better place to post this..

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.
--Medic

Postby bobzilla » Sun Jul 21, 2002 4:35 am

Hey there, I just removed the entries for you. We do have the wigle-admin@wigle.net email address, but posting things on here is fine. I should make a 'general stuff' list i suppose, but we're so low traffic here I haven't needed to split things up.

Thanks for the data!
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby Medic » Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:33 am

sweet. thanks. I was working on a script to convert kismet logs to wiscan format... I had the Longitude backwards.. basically, -95 degrees became 95 degrees east instead of west. I noticed the error when I went to map an access point, and it came back somewhere in the middle of the ocean.

It won't happen again. :)

Thanks.
-Medic

Postby djdead » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:16 am

i uploaded about ten data points today (although i wasn't logged in for the first 4 d'oh!). I don't have a USB cable for my laptop so i was just hitting the "mark" key on my gps unit when netstumbler would find a new ap. i went home and added in the lat/lon data and then uploaded it.

well i don't exactly know what happened. my first guess was that in the triangulation, since all the different signal strengths had the same location the algorithm thought that the ap was way far north. but i'm not sure of that. the end result is that there are about ten data points that rather than being in the DC area, are located near the MD/PA border.

my question then is this: how do i add gps data in the future to avoid this problem?

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”