Showing position on Android

The gear needed for wardriving

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby rala » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 am

Hello,
does anybody know, how to get a GPS position using my recorded database of networks from wiggle application on android? I mean automatically. Something like "turn the app on, let it scan wifi networks for a while and get aproximate GPS position". I know, that wiggle app for android can query the internal DB, but that is really not comfortable. I tried to find an answer here on forum, but no success. If this is duplicate topic, please point me to the original one(s) :-). Thank you.

Postby gamer30168 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Do you mean you want to fire up wigle on droid, import all of your found nets and have them displayed in the map view? Better yet, also triangulate your current position based on wifi data from those nets? Seems like a tall order for anyone not a droid developer. I too have wondered why wigle doesnt store the plotted map view points ive found. I lose those points whenever i restart wigle. As far as your GPS position why not just enable GPS and let it find you? Its supposed to be more accurate than wifi networking location based tracking.

Postby rala » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:45 pm

I am interested mainly in the triangulation. If I am not mistaken one of the points of wigle is to map wireless networks to GPS locations. So why is not available any comfortable way to do it backwards? To map networks to GPS location? Of course in most cases I use GPS, but sometimes the GPS reception is not good enough, it takes too long to get GPS lock or you need just aproximate position with low power consumption.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”