Not sure what to do with .kismet file

The gear needed for wardriving

12 posts • Page 1 of 1
Greetings everyone, hope yall are ready for thanksgiving!

So I am currently getting into wardriving, I think its fun and data is cool. I have build a raspberry pi and it has kali linux on it. Everything is running great, everything is detected, and the data is there. Im just running into one small problem. The file that kismet is outputting (.kismet) is a sqlite3 file, and when I go to upload it, it really doesn't show anything in terms of stats on the website.

My question is, do I have to break it down into .xml, .gps files like I have been seeing or am I doing something wrong?

Please and thanks
you're not doing anything wrong! we're just behind in supporting that format.

There are ways to slice and export the SQLite file in the meantime to upload them as netxml/json/etc.
So I have been able to complete this project, I just can not upload it to you guys. I found a script written by the dev, that separates it into a kml/cvs file but wigle does not map it correctly although google is able to.
we're actively working on it - give us a few days!

Cheers,

-ark
we're actively working on it - give us a few days!

Cheers,

-ark
roger!

If you need any help, feel free to message me and ill contribute how ever I can
Don't work on the new format yet. Get your templates started but do not implement. 2018 B1 is beta of kismet and the sqllite file it produces is missing tons of data that the old one has. This includes ssid, security and powerlevel. The new format shows promise, it just have to get completed so anyone can slice out a netxml for csv format that is compatible with the previous.

After discovering this, I went back to the 2016 version. For those wondering, on github that is their stable branch, not master.
Don't work on the new format yet. Get your templates started but do not implement. 2018 B1 is beta of kismet and the sqllite file it produces is missing tons of data that the old one has. This includes ssid, security and powerlevel. The new format shows promise, it just have to get completed so anyone can slice out a netxml for csv format that is compatible with the previous.

After discovering this, I went back to the 2016 version. For those wondering, on github that is their stable branch, not master.
I noticed that the sqllite did not have the SSID and security information which is literally imporant. I guess Ill have to uninstall it and compile an older version.

Is there any update on when its supposed to be done on kismets side of things?
Its 2020 has there been an update on using the lastest .kismet file with wigle.net?
kismet now has a built in tool to export to WiGLE!

https://www.kismetwireless.net/docs/readme/wigle/
It's not counting any Bluetooth devices when I export and upload the CSV, even though I see kismet detecting them. Is there a fix for the conversion to properly document Bluetooth?
oh hell - hit us up with a transaction ID in PM to reproduce, we'll get to the bottom of it!

Cheers, and thanks for the bug report.
<self-promotion>
If you are interested only in ssid and to export to wigle.net, you could try my software at https://github.com/solsticedhiver/ssid-logger
</self-promotion>

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”