Detailed maps

Talk about whatever

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby CabinetVCase » Sat May 27, 2023 2:42 pm

I've been using interested in Wiggle for a while, and as much as I understand it's stated purpose, I've been wondering "What else can this data be used for?" for a while now. Given that companies such as Google can use this type of data for more than just tracking, I wonder what even typical users can do by such logging?

While typical map services (such as Google Maps) generally provide users a good lay of the land in the conventional sense, as far as I'm aware I haven't seen maps generated with something like WiFi signals, as even based on even names such as "McDonald's wifi" I feel you can map residental/commerce zones within a few meters of accuracy.

As far as devices over time, I would say that BT is rather useful in seeing something as what roads or businesses are most active when, which in the case of businesses, I believe is said to already be used to an extent? I'm sure given a wide enough time domain you're gonna see some devices more than others that might only appear once, to me indicating whether somebody might live in a given area.

I'm interested in what y'all can derive from data you have seen.

Postby TZz222zZT » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:09 pm

Bluetooth has become my favorite part of using wigle. Simply amazing and what can all be gleend from this alone.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”