Lost my old phone and hence my map

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby TZz222zZT » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:50 am

Hi, I'm a noob in terms of most tech so please excuse the simplicity of my questions. Ok so on my Motorola (which is fried due to jumping in a pool with it in my swimming shorts, I know stupid trust me knowing I lost all the phones internal data is killing me.) I had a map that outlined ALL of my info points picked up and I LOVED that map. Seriously that's partially what keeps me doing this is to get my hometown (Las Vegas) as covered as possible. Is there any way I can import that onto my new phone? I have two other phones but they don't show map data as they did on the Motorola only on big clusters (circles) can someone PLEASE help me retrieve what I lost and to get back the map I had? Inwould be beyond grateful thanks a million! T7Zz222zZ7T Image
Go to the menu tab and click on Database and then select IMPORT OBSERVED. That will import all your AP logged and their location.
that actually just gets the SSID/BSSIDs - to bring in your old observations, you can use the uploads list and download/incorporate those files. Automating this (and replacing the old Import Observed feature) is on the roadmap (pull requests welcome!).

Usual warning: bringing all your data onto one phone just slows the phone down as a network detector - much better to aggregate the data on your laptop/desktop/tablet!
Go to the menu tab and click on Database and then select IMPORT OBSERVED. That will import all your AP logged and their location.
Thank you so so much! Oddly enough, within days of posting this my maps data came back?! Not sure if I was tinkering around and somehow made it appear though I somehow highly doubt that in all probability. However now all my new data appeta not as those little purple dots (green,blue etc etc upon viewing closer) any idea if what you just mentioned to do will help remedy this small newer problem I'm facing? I can still see all my old map data pre cell phone bwing submerged in the pool (ugh I feel soooo so stupid for that) but yeah if possible I'd like all my nee data to appear in the purple dot form. Any idea (s) and again THANKS so so much! Love this community! T7Zz222zZ7T
that actually just gets the SSID/BSSIDs - to bring in your old observations, you can use the uploads list and download/incorporate those files. Automating this (and replacing the old Import Observed feature) is on the roadmap (pull requests welcome!).

Usual warning: bringing all your data onto one phone just slows the phone down as a network detector - much better to aggregate the data on your laptop/desktop/tablet!
Howdy! First and foremost THANk you for taking the time to reply! So I believe I started doing that, but they appeared as big boxes with all the info, hence flooding my map, but I think they may have been the cause of all my old info returning which wouldn't quite make sense since I've made oh I'd guess a thousand plus uploads?! I'm not 100% exactly sure what you're hinting at doing but I'll def give it a try! I dont currently have a cpu but will absolutely try this on one of my tablets! Again thanks a million for helping me deal with this seemingly small issue but to me it was the #1 thing I was pissed at losing (not all the screenshots and text threads and pics I'll miss forever (thwt were on the phone internal data which I assume is irretrievably Fugger3d? Sorrt for my newb quse question but please know I highly highly appreciate both of yalls responses. Danke Schoen friend! Much respect T7Zz222zZ7T
if you just want to see what you've discovered, try turning on the map tiles on your new phone - select a recent range of years, and "Mine" - that'll overlay the same tiles on your map as the website uses. It's much more efficient, keeps your phone fast.
if you just want to see what you've discovered, try turning on the map tiles on your new phone - select a recent range of years, and "Mine" - that'll overlay the same tiles on your map as the website uses. It's much more efficient, keeps your phone fast.
Oh wow! Seriously thank you! I'm gonna give this a shot today, I'm super excited. I've noticed my phone not being as efficient as before, for sure. So are you saying to do this via this site or is this something I can do on my phone? I dont recall seeing a map tile section on the Android app so I'm assuming you're saying here on the site? I really rely appreciate all the help! Im beyond grateful for this community, esp people willing to help out someone who isnt tech. Inclined in the least (clearly hah) anyway i probably spend too much time on wigle (so says my GF) anyway have a good one and and thanks again!
Right up until your database download is more than your phone can handle..... </humblebrag> ;-)
bahaha!

Honestly - back up your SQLite DBs, don't waste the local space/performance!

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”