Wigle Database

Notes regarding project status and info

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby toothpaste » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:23 am

How does the wigle database process files?

Is this first seen or first uploaded? What takes priority?

Postby TZz222zZT » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:20 am

Its my understanding that "first seen" takes priority. They timestamp "first seen" details on the the first upload whenever that upload might occur. Thats what shows aswell in the DB but all I know is they also store subsequent uploads but the first seen "first seen" which is the primary reference point for the database. Hopefully thats what you meant. Have any tips for someone new to Samsung Galaxy btw?hah. Im used to Motorola. Im curious given we started arpund the same time, how much time do you put into wardriving if you dont mind me asking. Thanks! tz222zt

Postby i_do_dew » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:10 pm

[quote=TZz222zZT post_id=12127 time=1709882428 user_id=340020]
Its my understanding that "first seen" takes priority. They timestamp "first seen" details on the the first upload whenever.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the first seen name is the first upload of the BSSID online. Not the date of the scan. Otherwise you would be able to get your account deleted over stupid stats on a scoreboard that most people don't care about.

The local DB is just that...local.

I don't understand the Samsung question. Make sure to disable the wifi scan restriction in developer options. Tap the build number in about phone 10 times to enable the menu.

I have an old phone hanging by its micro usb cable from my rearview mirror and plugged into the car. Another goes in a pouch in my bike bag with a battery.

To login on the mobile you have to use the qr code available on the api tab of the hamburger on the web.
WiGLE....
Have you driven today?

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE News”