Almost (if not all) of my recently uploaded APs are showing up as WEP encryption

Found a problem? Tell us about it! Topics-per-issue, please search before posting.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Good afternoon,

Came up with an interesting bug when querying my recently uploaded data on wigle. It seems like most- if not all- of the captured APs from this specific upload are listed as having WEP encryption on wigle. Finding this extremely odd, I went back and looked at the kml file sourced from the original kismetdb locally on my computer in Google Earth, and sure enough the vast majority of captured APs are listed as WPA2 encryption, as expected.

Anyone have an idea what may be going on here?
send us the transaction ID, we can check out the upload (you can share the ID in pvt/email if you prefer)
Looking back at the original kismetdb, I think I found the issue.

Seems to be that for whatever reason the kismetdb to wiglecsv is changing the Wifi encryption fields randomly. I attempted another conversion and this time all the AP encryption types are listed as WPA-UNKNOWN-CCMP. I've cross referenced known WPA2 (most WPA2-PSK AES-CCMP) and WPA3 APs from the original kismetdb and compared them to the new (not uploaded) wiglecsv - they've now all changed to WPA-UNKNOWN-CCMP.

I've never encountered this issue before. Has anyone else?

Since my last upload was erroneous, is it possible to remove it?
sure - just send us the transaction ID at the admin email address at the bottom of the page, we'll zero it out.

Cheers, and thanks for the investigation

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Bugs”