Some sites show, some don't

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby TimX » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:17 am

I'm a newbie. Does WIGLE discard some of the hits I might have logged?

I notice that all of the sites I logged appeared under DIGLE (loaded from my local *.ns1 file). But not all of them appear under JIGLE (via the WIGLE server).

Also when does the WIGLE online map interface update? None of my new hits have appeared there at all.

Tim

Postby TimX » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:19 pm

* bump *

Postby uhtu » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:51 am

well.. first a couple of process-of-elimination questions:

do they show up from the local .ns1 file when you load it with JiGLE?
and do you still not see them if you use DiGLE to hit up the WiGLE site?

(ruling out specific client wonkiness)

then: can you see the ssid if you search for it via the query link (at the top of the page on the website.) ?

it may be that there is a heavy weighting for the given ssid at a different location, and your observation hasn't moved the aggreate enough yet to affect the WiGLE result.. (this happens when people move across town and take their AP with them, for example)

if it isn't in the database via a query, it may be a bug in our ns1 parser,
a point which was requested to be removed by its owner, or a number of other things.

if you send us more information to wigle-admin@wigle.net (the mac address in question, and the transid you posted that AP in) we can probably figure out more about what you're seeing. (or not seeing, as the case may be :-)

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:13 pm

To start out with, here is my wardrive from January 26, all of which was uploaded. I picked up a *lot* of new APs.
http://www.stormtrack.org/tim/jigle.gif

If I put that map lat-long range in your Query DB, I see 48 hits, a lot of which were mine (20050126*). So far, so good.
http://www.stormtrack.org/tim/confirmquery.htm

Now here is where we get into trouble. This is the WIGLE WWW map in question: http://www.wigle.net/gps/gps/GPSDB/onli ... 97.8086575
This map hasn't changed in, I think, about six months. None of the new APs are appearing.

Tim

Postby TimX » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:15 pm

Also regarding my above message, it looks like JIGLE was able to update fine, so this mainly regards the problem with the WIGLE mapmaking system. If it's easier for me to pass the info to the E-mail address just let me know and I'll do that.

Postby bobzilla » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:08 pm

The webmaps only update periodically, so it's possible the points you submitted haven't been loaded into memory yet.

Postby mokum » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:54 pm

The webmaps only update periodically, so it's possible the points you submitted haven't been loaded into memory yet.
Good to know, but how often does this happen? Could you maybe write a line saying 'updated till xx-xx-xxxx' somewhere?

Cheers,
mokum

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”