channel 0 problem while uploading data

Talk about whatever

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
i uploaded just my kismet *.gps files and i noticed it has the channels all set to 0 when i use digle.. if i just upload the csv's and the xml's it should show the correct data right? :x

Postby bobzilla » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:26 pm

.gps files don't have channel, as well as a lot of other data. For Kismet the best way to go is upload the csv first, then the gps. The csv has more data about the network, but the gps has more observations for a network, and there are some networks only in the gps and some only in the csv, and sometimes some that are only in the xml. We wish the Kismet folks would make a single file with all the data in it, it'd make our job easier :)

You should be able to upload the csv's and the channels will get set in our db.

Postby Schwa-D-Alien » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:00 am

So, just to clarify (since I just put Linux on my laptop) now that I'm using Kismet I'll be uploading 3 files each time I go for a stumble? First the CSV then XML and GPS in that order?

So far (other than forgetting to turn on the GPS option in the kismet config file and re-doing a whole section of driving) Kismet is looking really nice, WAY better in terms of performance as compared to XP + NetStumbler on the same machine. Using GpsDrive works a lot better than DiGLE for tracking where I've stumbled, and where I am.

6000+ APs found so far, using a Toshiba P400/128mb with a Linksys WPC11 card. :D

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”