newb, wireless to house desktop , ext antenna etc

Talk about whatever

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
hello

i know the basics about driving around to seek signal with a laptop, however, i was wondering if its possible to hookup a external amplified antenna to get wireless to a pci card on my desktop with netstumbler?? could i just hook a amplified antenna to a pci card in my desktop? im not in a apt neighborhood so the houses are spaced out a good bit with fair sized yards, is this out of the question? if no, what kind of other hardware would i need?

thanks!
hello

i know the basics about driving around to seek signal with a laptop, however, i was wondering if its possible to hookup a external amplified antenna to get wireless to a pci card on my desktop with netstumbler?? could i just hook a amplified antenna to a pci card in my desktop? im not in a apt neighborhood so the houses are spaced out a good bit with fair sized yards, is this out of the question? if no, what kind of other hardware would i need?

thanks!
What are you trying to accomplish (wardrive without driving)? Connect to an AP within range? Inquiring minds want to know.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”