ANY way to few the info in other mapping software

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
While I think that WiGLE and the JiGLE client are invaluable and much needed it is getting incredibly frustrating with the fact that a) the maps of urban areas are terrible and b) it seems that APs will move around on the map. For instance, I live in Reno, NV and I can pull up the map and the aps, however, if I close the software and reopen it - one access point has moved down the block, enough distance that I really don't know where the AP is at all. Is there any hope of having either a) more detailed maps (ones that use street names..etc) or b) a way to export the information to other software (such as MS MapPoint).

Thanks in advance.

Postby Fupa97 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:01 pm

Aphex,

If you look in the JiGLEJiGLEMapData folder on your system, you will see an autocache file for each map that you have successfully loaded in the Java app. If you open this file in a text editor, you will also see that the file is in a simple, delimited format using the "~" (tilde) character. From here, it is simple enough to write a script to pump the coordinates into a third party app such as MapPoint. I have been successful in using MapPoint along with the older SkyMap software. Hope that helped :)

Postby aphex » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:48 am

Any chance you can send me a script I can use? aphex (AT) cha0s (DOT) com ? (yes thats a zero)

Postby Fupa97 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:27 pm

I would love to...But for someone who appears to be part of an 3l1t3 h@x0r group (Cha0s.com), I would think you could write a little script to parse data. Why don't you ask your little chronies to help. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I am not having a good day.

P.S. - If no one has success in this, I will post something. But I find it hard to believe no one else has done this.

Postby bobzilla » Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:58 am

Yes, we need higher resolution maps. The highest resolution is around 2000x2000, which becomes roughly 60MB when it's loaded in java. We need to go to a tile system so that the map images aren't so large, unfortunately that is much more complicated so we don't have it done yet.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby aphex » Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:36 pm

Fupa97 - your assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”