What does Total New Locations mean in Upload page

Talk about whatever

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have searched the forums pretty hard and can't seem to find the answer, though I am probably asking the wrong question.

On the upload screen the very last column says, "Total New Locations". What does that mean? It's probably something obvious, but I am not getting it.

Would appreciate an explanation, or a point to a forum link that answers that question.

Thanks, great site! Harvey user id hbest
Hi,

I have searched the forums pretty hard and can't seem to find the answer, though I am probably asking the wrong question.

On the upload screen the very last column says, "Total New Locations". What does that mean? It's probably something obvious, but I am not getting it.

Would appreciate an explanation, or a point to a forum link that answers that question.

Thanks, great site! Harvey user id hbest
It means exactly what it says. ;)
It's the total number of GPS coordinates logged for all the networks found. Remember, Netstumbler and Kismet logs the GPS coordinate for each time they "hear" the network, so if you are in range of a particular network for 1 minute, you will have 60 new locations for that network, since most GPS's supply data at a 1 Hz frequency.

Dutch
[url=http://www.wigle.net/gps/gps/StatGroup/listusers?groupid=20041206-00006][img]http://home19.inet.tele.dk/dutch/netstumblerwigle.gif[/img][/url]

Postby hbest » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:00 am

I kinda had a feeling it had something to do with the GPS coordinates, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the clairification.

I noticed the Denmark reference in your id description. When I was in the 5th grade, (back in tthe early 70's) I had to write about a country. I picked Denmark. I wrote the embassy and they sent me this huge pack of info, pictures etc. I still have it all up in the attic somewhere.

Again, thanks for the info,

Harvey

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”