14 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby UK » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:25 am

BETA

Due to wigle chaging output format this no longer works

---------------------------------
Downlaod
www.unrevealed.co.uk/gew/gew.kmz

Waiting for another thread I havent the time to update the script so thought id just release this beta in the meantime. For the best resaults zoom into the area your intrested in and not display from space.

Been using knsgem (credit scruge22) to display locations offline. Using this idea and format I created a simple script to display wigle data anywhere viewed within google earth much like wigle.net/gps/gps/Map/

Full screen image

Full screen image

Full screen image

Todo
-more options for displayed data
-display only user data
-implement user logon
-cache data to ease wigle query requests
-coral caching to reduce host bandwidth

Still having a few errors with ssid's
As of yet, Ive been unable to tell the SSIDs thats making the thing bomb out.
In the meantime move google display and refresh the script somewhere else.

Updates
Added support for Google Earth beta 4

Downlaod
www.unrevealed.co.uk/gew/gew.kmz
Last edited by UK on Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Tech^CF » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:30 pm

Just had to test, and no - it didn't work in the new fast and sleek gearth beta :)

Looking forward to see the next release. This is great

Postby UK » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:55 pm

Just had to test, and no - it didn't work in the new fast and sleek gearth beta :)
Unless your talking about somehting else :p
Doesnt work with google earth beta yet.
This is fixed and should now work with google earth beta 4.
Edited firts post to reflect this.
(dodgy icons sometimes)

Postby bird603568 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:26 am

here use the stuff here
http://www.personal.psu.edu/rlr5018/ge/
save the .txt as a .php and make use the icons are on the same level as the script. what you do is open the map you want to make into a google map.
on linux its gonna look like:
php wigle-to-kml Wiglenet/data/somenumber.autocache >somename.kml
this script has ssid, bssid, wep on/off, and sort by qos.
currently im about to start on the c++ version of it

Postby UK » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:07 pm

Thanks but had a look at irongeek's script and found no way getting a dialog out of the google earth application. Been toying with some of the newly added tags in beta4 that might.

If your wanting to add your script into google earth dont forget to change the BBOX. In beta4 its about 12 places that wigle will hate. To get around this its advised to add $coordsx = round($coords[0],8) this will allow the script to work in kml 2.0 and 2.1.

Postby Tech^CF » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:19 pm

Yeah! Works now!

Got one error when fetching over my place (9.90818936518 59.7818858154), but ignored it and it worked great. Thanks a lot.

Saves me lots of converting with wigle-to-kml.php

Postby scruge » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:56 pm

Still having a few errors with ssid's
As of yet, Ive been unable to tell the SSIDs thats making the thing bomb out.

Some say using the CDATA text construct should fix that problem.

However I continued have users report unloadable KMLs, so I said "fuck it" and filtered everything out of the SSID except ascii 32 thru 126.

I haven't had a complaint since. :D

Postby UK » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:15 am

However I continued have users report unloadable KMLs, so I said "fuck it" and filtered everything out of the SSID except ascii 32 thru 126.

It might end this way. I basically put the lot into a single variable then strip off utf8 non ascii. Ive looked a few times but cant see whats wrong. I was so stuck in my ways I hadnt even thought about dropping everything outside 32 - 126. I'll try this out sometime next week, thanks for the mental shove scruge.

Code: Select all

ob_start(); while ( preg_match( '/^([\x00-\x7F]+)|([^\x00-\x7F]+)/S', $str, $matches) ) { if ( !isset($matches[2]) ) { echo $matches[0]; } $str = substr($str, strlen($matches[0])); } $result = ob_get_contents(); ob_end_clean();

Postby scruge » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:24 pm

It might end this way. I basically put the lot into a single variable then strip off utf8 non ascii. Ive looked a few times but cant see whats wrong. I was so stuck in my ways I hadnt even thought about dropping everything outside 32 - 126. I'll try this out sometime next week, thanks for the mental shove scruge.

ob_start(); while ( preg_match( '/^([\x00-\x7F]+)|([^\x00-\x7F]+)/S', $str, $matches) ) { if ( !isset($matches[2]) ) { echo $matches[0]; } $str = substr($str, strlen($matches[0])); } $result = ob_get_contents(); ob_end_clean();
When I get more time I may see about opening up the character constraints. But for the mean time this is what I'm doing.

btw... Actually the ascii range I'm allowing is 32 through 196

Function stripchr para f_teststr f_lchr=chr(31) // lower ascii value f_uchr=chr(197) // upper ascii value f_sl=len(f_teststr) // length of string f_newstr="" // intialize new string value for f_ssc=1 to f_sl step 1 // loop through all characters f_tchr=substr(f_teststr,f_ssc,1) // character to test f_newstr+=iif(f_tchr>f_lchr .and. f_tchr<f_uchr, f_tchr, "") //if char is ok append to newstr else append nothing endfor return f_newstr

Postby UK » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:00 pm

for f_ssc=1 to f_sl step 1 // loop through all characters f_tchr=substr(f_teststr,f_ssc,1) // character to test f_newstr+=iif(f_tchr>f_lchr .and. f_tchr<f_uchr, f_tchr, "") //if char is ok append to newstr else append nothing endfor return f_newstr
Yonk :lol:
I’ll test and update the script Tuesday
cheers

Postby IDeus » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:13 am

My Cache file is 5000k and my kml file is over 4gb so far and still going???? Tell me this isn't right?

Postby Tech^CF » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:19 am

My Cache file is 5000k and my kml file is over 4gb so far and still going???? Tell me this isn't right?
You are talking about the Wigle2KML script right? This is another script not using the autocache files as a source, but pulling directly from wigle.net

Postby IDeus » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:00 pm

OHH. So which script uses the cache file?

Postby bird603568 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:47 pm

OHH. So which script uses the cache file?
the one i posed uses auticache

14 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”