JiGLE/DiGLE station count discrepancy.

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
I noticed something odd since I usually update my local storage of APs in both JiGLE and DiGLE after uploading a set of files. The AP Counts between the applications are different.

Today after I uploaded I updated JiGLE, was given a new station count of 29216 for a county, Then I updated DiGLE, and received a station count of 29209.

I thought 'thats odd' Make a backup of both sets of data, and re-ran the update. DiGLE once again came up with 29209 stations and the .WIGLE file was the exact same size. However this time, JiGLE came back with 29212 stations.

I deleted the sets and tried it again to make sure no updates had been done to the database during the time to account for the discrepancy. I still get 29209 for DiGLE and 29212 for JiGLE.

Any thoughts? I did a WinDIFF on the .WiGLE file that DiGLE creates and the backup I made and they are identical.

Also I have started getting an odd Error when I first try to attach with DiGLE. But after I re-enter my credentials then everthing is fine. I have re-downloaded and Installed DiGLE and it makes no difference what path I put it in.

DiGLE: Access violation at address 0049b5AC in module 'DiGLE.exe'. Read of address 00000110.

in the log is added :

commencing login query...
checking credentials...
A credential management system failure has prevented your request from being completed..
[** This is where I get the above error **]
checking credentials...
Authentication Succeeded for i_do_dew
proceeding...
making request for:
Lat: -78.12725
Lat: -77.24128
Lon: 43.632084
Lon: 42.939964
retrieving data...
saving...
uncompressing gzip...
parsing received data in C:\....\data\Monroe County, NY.WiGLE...
received 29209 stations.

Postby i_do_dew » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:20 pm

I forgot to add that DiGLE is version 0.1.1 and JiGLE is 0.7.3 - both current.

Postby uhtu » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:58 pm

do you see any warnings/exceptions in your JiGLE log?

Postby i_do_dew » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:31 pm

The only Warning I see is:

Jul 20, 2006 9:40:16 AM org.mimezine.jigle.JiGLE loadPropertiesFile
WARNING: Load: Can't find file 'WiGLEAPI.properties'

This morning I started getting a different DiGLE error too. I get it after attempting to authenticate just like the other. A re-attempt is almost always successful. without errors.

Access violation at address 004AB6FB in module 'DiGLE.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

checking credentials...
A credential management system failure has prevented your request from being completed..
making request for:
freaked out on http GET for https://www.wigle.net/gps/gps/GPSDB/con ... imple=true
checking credentials...
Authentication Succeeded for i_do_dew
proceeding...
making request for:
retrieving data...
saving...
uncompressing gzip...
parsing received data in C:\consolidate\Install\wifi\wigle\JiGLE\data\Monroe County, NY.WiGLE...
received 29447 stations.

Postby i_do_dew » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:40 pm

Also I do notice that when pulling AP data from WiGLE, that the AP's that were uploaded within the last 6 hours or so are not immediately available for download to JiGLE/DiGLE clients. I had mis understood that they were.

An idea would be a short length of "====" added into the Jiggle log to help deliminate executions of the log data. Basicly something that can be searched on but not regularly in the log data.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”