AP's i discovered > google earth?

The gear needed for wardriving

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby samlehman » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:44 pm

hi, I just tried out irongeek's wigle data to google earth php script, and it worked, but it put 44k APs on the map.

What I want to do is map every AP I found, not every AP in the region. Does any one have any idea on how I can acmplish this?

thanks in advanced.

Postby jones_aus » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:26 am

use http://www.gpsvisualizer.com to convert your ns1 files to google earths kml file.

it works really well, free too.

cheers

Postby Dutch » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:38 am

hi, I just tried out irongeek's wigle data to google earth php script, and it worked, but it put 44k APs on the map.

What I want to do is map every AP I found, not every AP in the region. Does any one have any idea on how I can acmplish this?

thanks in advanced.
Parse the Jigle/Digle cache files and extract the AP's that has an Y in the Userfound field. Then let irongeeks script parse the extracted data into a KML file.

Dutch
[url=http://www.wigle.net/gps/gps/StatGroup/listusers?groupid=20041206-00006][img]http://home19.inet.tele.dk/dutch/netstumblerwigle.gif[/img][/url]

Postby whitedice » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:21 pm

I use a program called EarthStumbler.

It converts ns1 to kml. The only thing is, it doesn't like funky characters, so I usually export>summary, and then open the text file into Excel, and change all the ssid's to ( ). This makes the ssid in kml not show up in google earth, so it just shows check marks for open aps, and "x"s for secure aps, and doesn't clutter up the screen.

There is also a ns1 recovery program by beakmyn (?)... NS1 File Recovery/Conversion Program. I use that program and convert my kismet csv to ns1, and then merge it with my ns1 from my xp laptop. I keep 1 ns1 with all aps found.

The guy who did EarthStumbler also made a program called EarthBridge which I use when I'm driving and places your location on the google earth map while you are driving. I try to save the tracks I drive from that to keep track of where I have gone, too.

Postby whitedice » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:48 pm

I use a program called EarthStumbler.
Just an extra note about this.. If you have locations with no GPS, it will put them at 0.00,0.00 on the map, so its best to sort by lattitude or longitude, and delete those. Otherwise you have to manually delete them on the map if you miss one. I guess technically this program won't map absolutely everything as I have no idea how to get the points from xml and gps files, but the csv and ns1 shows most. There is no limit to the size of file you use, but the error catching isn't 100%, so if it gives an error there is a weird character or something wacky with the formatting of a line in the file. I've used it enough to figure out how to find where the errors are, but pretty much if you change all the "ssid"s to ( ), it will usually save with no problems.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”