Mac OSX Wigle client..

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Droogz » Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:10 pm

Is there plans for one. I cant get the java one working on osx. Also i was thinking about writing a native one in RealBasic or C,C++,Coca etc....

Thanks.

Postby uhtu » Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:25 pm

we should have the java one working more easily for osx (hopefully, grrr) by the next release.

we have operatives at apple who are working on cocoa/carbon versions, but we always appreciate code :-) the clients are pretty straightforward, and fun to write!

drop us a line at wigle-admin@wigle.net if you'd be willing to be a JiGLE OSX testing victim, or need pointers on native client stuff.
Obviously, it's still meant for command-line use. You can run it in Mac OS X with the Terminal (in Applications/Utilities).

Bring up a terminal and use the "cd" command to navigate to the JiGLE folder (for example "cd ~/Desktop/JiGLE" if you left the folder on your desktop, or "cd /Applications/JiGLE" if you put the folder in your Applications directory). Then type "run.sh".

It would be really easy for the developers to make a double-clickable ".app" out of this with Project Builder - just toss in the jars and use the pure-java options under "Targets" to tell it what the main class is.

--invalidname

Postby uhtu » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:47 pm

the current plan is for an executable jarfile, which isn't as slick as the .app packaging, but is more portable. osx will deal with it correctly and its just java -jar for everyone else.

hopefully. we'll see :-)
There is a Carbon-based app in progress right now. It has some ugly issues at the moment, but when it becomes available, I'll post a pointer to where you can grab it from.

Postby wos » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:25 am

If anybody wants to help me test out the OSX native client (Carbon APIs), let me know. There are still a few issues I know about, but it mostly works nicely.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”