Browsable Map of the world doesn't include Canada

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:03 am

I've noticed over the last few weeks that the Browsable Map Of The World just shows blank when I zoom in to about 8x if I've zoomed into Canada, doesn't show SSID's or anything, just nothing...

Just wanted to let the admins know

Postby uhtu » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:15 am

its not a politcal statement, we swear :-)

where did you encouter the problem? (a url would rule)
i just zoomed all the way into edmonton, alberta okay.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:53 pm

I'd gladly give you a URL, but I think I completely broke it now :-)

Well, it's when I zoom in about 8x over Ontario anyway, can't get in to even check anywhere else.

I'm actually trying to see Kitchener, but even Toronto which is full of hits doesn't show up.

the map may just be offline at the moment, but in any case I'm trying to access it using both Mozilla and IE

Postby sanity » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:57 pm

ah, the map finally came up, now however the US isn't there.

just looked out the window to make sure the world is still here, might be filled with snow and crap, but it's still there.

Postby uhtu » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:45 pm

okay. i'm poking the webmap server right now.

when you see it freak out again, please copy the url into either this forum, or email it to wigle-admin@wigle.net so we can track down the bug.

thanks!

Postby uhtu » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:08 am

okay. bobzilla and i have poked at the squishy guts of the mapserver. working on a fix (the problem is related to the enhanced .us maps and bounding areas)

...which also isn't a political statement, we just have highly detailed and freely available TIGER data for the us, that we don't have for everywhere else (yet)

we should have this fixed soonish (depending on the net connection at codecon :-)

Postby uhtu » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:28 am

fixed. sorry 'bout that!

please let us know of any urls that act oddly in the future! thanks again.

Postby Tekkie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:28 pm

I'm getting broken images in the maps when zooming in to Canadian cities such as Toronto (Lat: 43.147 to 44.314, Long: -80.234 to -78.827) and Ottawa (Lat: 44.802 to 45.97, Long: -76.479 to -75.073). I've tried several different computers and browsers. Areas further south zoom in fine. Any ideas?

Russ.

Postby uhtu » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:23 am

yeah, its a boog in our transition code between the higher-res .us maps and the rest of the world. that got re-added a bit back. if you're way north in canada it should be fine, but the edges are a bit on the wonk.

it should be fixed in the next release (real soon now).

sorry for the trouble.

Postby Tekkie » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:28 am

it should be fixed in the next release (real soon now).

sorry for the trouble.
Thanks for the quick reply, and keep up the good work.

Postby Tekkie » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:18 am

Just a note to let you know that the on-line maps near the Canada-US border seem to be working again (at least in the Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal areas). Yay!

I recently got an Orinoco Classic Gold card and an external antenna, so I should be submitting some new Ottawa data soon.

Cheers,

Russ.

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”