Google update bug?

Found a problem? Tell us about it! Topics-per-issue, please search before posting.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby ecramp » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:39 pm

Wigle Wifi has been working on my Nexus 6 for years. But I got an "update" this week that has completely stopped it working. I tried a reinstall and that didn't fix it - is it possible to get an earlier Wigle version to return to the original working version in the older environments?
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (244.42 KiB) Viewed 8350 times

Postby arkasha » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:01 am

shoot - there's been a drum-beat of forced upgrades that google has implemented over the last two years, suspect this is something to do with that. Watch this space, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Postby arkasha » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:53 pm

found it - isolated to android 7/7.1, and old library got bumped and broke things on our oldest devices supported. Fix forthcoming shortly.

Postby ecramp » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:03 pm

Thanks for examining my problem! I appreciate your work keeping this all so functional. I'll watch for an update, I've always been so confident using old devices and software and the Nexus has always been to nice to use.
However the Nexus is an old system so I accept that eventually it will be retired and recycled (like me, I'm old too - LOL).

Postby arkasha » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:29 pm

The fix is in the beta channel now - it takes a few days for us to get enough feedback to start "promoting" a release into public distribution (this is a great example of a problem that never manifested in the beta channel; probably no-one with an Android 7 device is in the beta group/tested during our window), but we'll be pushing this version out as soon as we're confident.

Thanks for the report and sorry for the trouble - we do our best to keep old devices working, and this bug was... extremely subtle.

Postby ecramp » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:01 pm

Thanks, a fix will be nice when it gets done but getting everything "done" these days is slower in my world so when it works for you is fine with me. :D
However it's very nice to see so many other people in the stats starting to create retrieve samples ... so nice because about a year ago PissedOffPanda went past me and I responded with a big increase but then PissedOffPanda took off past everyone! Recently I just passed PissedOffPanda but now the Panda's gone past me again (LOL, I love that user name) - it's so good to see some many people starting to feel better now that the pandemic has retired - I'm happy to see everyone doing well!

Postby ecramp » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:36 pm

The problem has been solved - thank you!

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Bugs”