Hi from Columbus, Ohio.

Wardrivers: find others in your area

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Postby PhoneGuy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:19 pm

Hi;

I’m Ian, and I’m from the Columbus, Ohio area. I’m not a professional war driver—however, I do cover a lot of area in a short amount of time, from an area of St. Louis, MO, to Maine, including New York City, and going as far south as Cordelle, Georgia.

My Setup is a USB WiFi Card with external antenna (mounted towards the back of my van to avoid potential interference with my CB antenna) and a Garmin E-Series Ledgend GPS, running on a laptop that is ran off of an inverter in the back area of my van. I grab my files via an Ethernet connection to the front of my van, where I pull my files up and can control the other laptop via VNC.

It’s not as complex as it actually sounds.

I work by doing networking, POS troubleshooting, and telecommunications work for major national retailers, so I’m all over the place (around two thousand miles a week on average). I war drive to keep me awake on those long 17 hour days that frequent me and my line of work.

This week (until Thursday), I’ll be in the Syracuse, NY area, where I’ll travel down to the Baltimore, MD area, then drive home.

I look forward to finally putting my effort to a community-driven website. :)

Safe Wardriving!

Ian
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Stumbler Meet and Greet”