wi-scan with extensions flags definitions?

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I realized tonight (with a loud gasp) that my by-hand conversion routine for WiFiFoFum logs to wi-scan-alike format was dropping the WEP flag. Gack, every AP I've uploaded has lost it's WEP status...

Seems it's a hard thing to find 'the definitive guide' to wi-scan file formats....

I found this defintion for the "Flags" column of a wi-scan with extensions file, inside the comments of a Python script.

# 0001 ESS ('Infrastructure')
# 0002 IBSS ('Ad-Hoc')
# 0004 CF-Pollable
# 0008 CF-Poll Request
# 0010 Privacy ('WEP')
# 0020 Short Preamble
# 0040 PBCC
# 0080 Channel Agility

* If I add "Flags" as a header to my wi-scan output, and set the appropriate value to include the WEP status for each AP, will wigle.net digest my new fodder?

* Do I need to include the "# ( Name )" column that appears between "[ SNR Sig Noise ]" and "Flags" columns a few example files I've found? If so, can I leave it blank or fill with dummy data?

* And most important, if I repost all my APs with proper WEP data, will they get updated in the database?

Gracias to anyone with appropriate wisdom.

Postby bobzilla » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:18 am

We parse the flags, so if you stick in the wep bit then it'll be set. If you upload the data again the wep bit will be set in the network table.

As for the Name column, if you make a valid wi-scan file it'll parse. Leaving fields off generally breaks things :)

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”