mega mappacks?

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby bird603568 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:12 pm

would you guys ever think about making the mappacks by state?

Postby i_do_dew » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:52 am

would you guys ever think about making the mappacks by state?
Unless the state is Rhode Island or Maryland they would get rather unmanageable to download or to navigate. As it is I believe both JiGLE and DiGLE will scroll from map to map automaticlly if you have the adjacent map in the pull down.

If you want to download all of the maps there is a simple method. Goto the states' page, view the source. Edit it into a batch file or shell script depending on your OS, and use WGET to make the requests. Then just launch the script.

I'd love to be able to somehow automate or script the geting of the new updated points for all loaded/installed counties though. Since I use both DiGLE and JiGLE (They interpolate the data with different features or at least seem to.) I have to load the data for 15 or so counties....twice.

Mega Maid has gone from SUCK to BLOW!

Postby bird603568 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:47 am

hey im in luck i live in maryland

Postby essick » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:38 pm

I tried this for an entire state once; it does take too long to be practical. But here's how I deal with the fact that my normal driving zone covers a couple counties. Without this, you get nice map detail, but only 1 county of point data. With it, I get the points drawn on the good maps.

add a line like this to mapData/bounds.txt:
00000 M =UsualHaunts IL S 42.30000000 -87.91425323 41.68000000 -88.60200000
[all the fields should be separated by tabs, and that is a single line]

I also made empty files 00000.geo and 00000.meta in the mapData directory; the digits match that first 5-digit field. I chose 00000 because it didn't conflict with any other county designators; I chose "=UsualHaunts" with the = because it sorts to the front of my maptree list.

Postby Blaze312 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:55 pm

I also would love to see this.

I can see how it would be unstable as that is a large amount of data to be displayed/handled.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”